This is episode 6 with Sr. Environment Artist David Schultz. In this jam-packed episode, I pick David's brain on what advice he would give to an aspiring Game Artist. David breaks down a bunch of actionable steps you can start working on today. Additionally, we discuss some of the intricacies of creating game-ready assets as well as touching on the the future of gaming holds.
After David takes us on a journey through the path he took to becoming a Sr. Environment Artist, he breaks down key advice he would give to anyone looking to enter the video game industry as a creative.
The steps David breaks down are:
- Start small
- Focus on quality
- Take small steps
- Know the (industry) players
- Engage (in the industry)
- Ask for help
- Don't get complacent
- Stay hungry
- Understand quality standards
*Links to items mentioned during the podcast:
- Andrew Maximov GDC Presentation - Future of Art Production in Games
- John Knoll GDC Presentation - Realtime Rendering for Feature Film
- Try or learn about MODO
- Try or learn about Fusion 360
- Learn about Substance Painter & Designer
- Buy ZBrush 4R7 for Windows (3D Sculpting)
- Buy ZBrush 4R7 for Mac (3D Sculpting)
- Learn about Pixologic ZBrush
- Try or learn about KeyShot
Connect with David:
** Amazon links are affiliate links. Each order you make on Amazon following an affiliate link sends a few cents my way, costs you nothing and helps buy me another cup of coffee. More coffee = more podcasts!